Welcome to AppDaemon’s documentation!¶
AppDaemon is a loosely coupled, multi-threaded, sandboxed python execution environment for writing automation apps for home automation projects, and any environment that requires a robust event driven architecture.
Out of the box, AppDaemon has support for the following automation products:
- Home Assistant home automation software.
- MQTT event broker.
AppDaemon also provides a configurable dashboard (HADashboard) suitable for wall mounted tablets.
A Note on Release Velocity¶
AppDaemon has reached a very stable point, works reliably and is fairly feature rich at this point in its development. For that reason, releases have been slow in recent months. This does not mean that AppDaemon has been abandoned - it is used every day by the core developers, and has an active community on Discord (see below).
- AppDaemon has a dedicated sub-forum over at Home Assistant
- We also have an active discord server here - please join us for tips and tricks, AppDaemon discussions and general home automation!
AppDaemon is developed and maintained by a small team of hard working folks:
- Andrew Cockburn - AppDaemon founder, Chief Architect and Benevolent Dictator For Life.
- Odianosen Ejale - Core & MQTT Development and maintenance, fixer and tester.
With thanks to previous members of the team:
- Rene Tode
- Robert Pitera
- Humberto Rodríguez Avila
- Daniel Lashua
- Example Apps
- AppDaemon Tutorial for HASS Users
- AppDaemon with Docker
- Writing AppDaemon Apps
- Community Tutorials
- AppDaemon API Reference
- HASS API Reference
- MQTT API Reference
- Dashboard Install and Configuration
- Dashboard Creation
- HADashboard Widget Development
- Internal Documentation
- Upgrading from 3.x
- Upgrading from 2.x
- Change Log