Welcome to AppDaemon’s documentation!¶
AppDaemon is a loosely coupled, multithreaded, sandboxed python execution environment for writing automation apps for home automation projects, and any environment that requires a robust event driven architecture.
Out of the box, AppDaemon has support for the following automation products:
AppDaemon also provides a configurable dashboard (HADashboard) suitable for wall mounted tablets.
AppDaemon is developed and maintained by a small team of hard working folks:
- Andrew Cockburn - AppDaemon founder, Chief Architect and Benevolent Dictator For Life.
- Rene Tode - Head Product abuser and alternate point of view expert.
- Odianosen Ejale - MQTT Development and maintenance, fixer and tester.
- Humberto Rodríguez Avila - Document Meister.
- Daniel Lashua - JS/CSS/HTML expert and the one that drives them all crazy.
- Example Apps
- AppDaemon Tutorial for HASS Users
- AppDaemon with Docker
- Writing AppDaemon Apps
- Community Tutorials
- AppDaemon API Reference
- HASS API Reference
- MQTT API Reference
- Dashboard Install and Configuration
- Dashboard Creation
- HADashboard Widget Development
- Internal Documentation
- Upgrading from 3.x
- Upgrading from 2.x
- Change Log